- Visa-Exempt Entry
Foreign Nationals Eligible For Visa-Exempt Entry
- The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 90 days:
Andorra, Australia (effective from January 1, 2015, to December 31, 2017), Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Poland, Paraguay, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and Vatican City State
- The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 30 days:
Belize, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Malaysia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Singapore.
- Nationals of the Kingdom of Thailand (effective from August 1, 2016, to July 31, 2018), except those holding diplomatic or official/service passports, are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 30 days.
- Nationals of Brunei (effective from August 1, 2016, to July 31, 2018), except those holding diplomatic or official/service passports, are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 30 days. In addition, effective from December 1, 2016, to July 31, 2018, those holding a Brunei Certificate of Identity are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 30 days.
- Passport must remain validity of at least six months as of the date of entry.
- Visa-exempt entry only applies to foreign visitors holding formal passports (i.e., ordinary, official/service and diplomatic passports). Those holding emergency, temporary, or other informal passports or travel documents are not eligible, with the exception of those holding a Brunei Certificate of Identity.
- Japanese nationals whose passport has remaining validity of more than three months are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- US passport holders - including those holding emergency passports - whose passport is valid for the intended period of stay are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- Confirmed return air/sea ticket or an air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure
- Not determined by immigration officers at ports of entry in Taiwan to be otherwise inadmissible
- Visitor Visas
Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other legal travel documents and who intend to stay in Taiwan for no more than six months for the purposes of transit; tour; visit relatives; undertake visits; undertake inspection tours; attend international conferences; conduct business; pursue short-term study; undertake short-term employment; undertake short-term missionary work; and engage in other activities in Taiwan as approved by MOFA.
- A passport valid for at least six months
- A duly completed application form with two photos taken within the past six months
- An outbound airline ticket or verifiable proof of purchase of steamship ticket
- Documents verifying the purpose of visit
- Other relevant documents
- Landing Visas
Countries eligible for Landing Visas
- Holders of Bruneian passport with validity of more than six months
- Holders of Turkish passport with validity of more than six months
- Holders of Macedonian passport with validity of more than six months
- Holders of emergency or temporary passports with validity more than six months for nationals of those countries (execpt for US) eligible for visa-exempt entry
- A confirmed return air/sea ticket or an air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure
- Fill out an application form with two photos
- Visa fee of NT$ 1,600 (citizens of the countries with reciprocal agreements shall be issued visas gratis) plus a handling fee of NT$ 800; For Turkish citizens: shall only be charged a handling fee of NT$800
- No criminal record or not prohibited by the local authorities
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for an eVisa when they meet relevant criteria: Belize, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Columbia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Kiribati, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Nicaragua, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, Solomon Islands, Swaziland, Turkey, and Tuvalu .
- Furthermore, foreign nationals who have been invited to attend international conferences or activities in Taiwan – organized, co-organized, or sponsored by central government agencies or certain nongovernmental organizations – are also eligible for an eVisa. Such applicants must obtain an e-code from their host organizations in Taiwan prior to applying for an eVisa.
Requirements & Procedures
- eVisa applicants must possess an ordinary, official, or diplomatic passport with validity of at least six months as of the date of intended entry into Taiwan.
- To obtain an eVisa, applicants must submit relevant personal information and pay the required fee by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) online. ROC overseas missions may, depending on the applicant's nationality and purpose of visit, request through email that the applicant submit additional documents within a specific timeframe. If these documents are not submitted by the given deadline, the application may be denied.
- When an eVisa application has been approved, the applicant will receive a notice by email containing a webpage link to download and print the eVisa. The eVisa holder is required to present a paper copy of the eVisa at the immigration checkpoint for verification by the National Immigration Agency upon the arrival in Taiwan. However, immigration officers at ports of entry in Taiwan have the right to deny entry to eVisa holders without providing further explanation.
- Detailed Information about VISA
- Visas for China (PRC) Participates
- 臺灣核發： 大陸人士入台許可證(如資料完整，約5-7個工作天)
- 中國核發： 大陸人民往來臺灣通行證+簽注
- 大陸居民往來臺灣地區通行證(需七個月以上有效期) 與 個人旅遊簽注頁(簽註事由為G) 複印件
- 年工資所得相當新台幣五十萬以上 (建議人民幣十三萬以上) 之薪資所得證明。
- 白色背景正面半身彩色照片2張 (彩色掃描JPG檔案)
- 大陸身分證正反面影本(複印件) 及 護照影本 (彩色掃描JPG檔案)
- 單位在學/在職證明影本(複印件) (需蓋上大小章)
- 本次入台證申請委託雄獅旅遊(Lion Travel)協助辨理
- 辦證費用： NTD 1,500/人
- 許庭嘉先生： firstname.lastname@example.org