- Formosa Speech Recognition Challenge 2018
Call-for-Participants: Formosa Speech Recognition Challenge 2018
- Formosa Speech Recognition Challenge 2018 (FSR-2018) is the first event of the Formosa Speech in the Wild (FSW) project,
which is an official ISCSLP-2018 activity organized by Taipei University of Technology (NTUT).
Since the language habits of Taiwanese people are different from other Mandarin speakers (both accents and cultures),
the current general-purpose automatic Mandarin speech recognition solutions are not suitable for supporting Taiwanese people’s daily life.
In order to boost the development of Taiwan-specific speech recognition techniques.
We are now calling for and welcome participants from both academic and industrial sectors to FSR-2018.
Especially, students are encouraged to opt-in of being considered for the Student Award.
- Key Messages
- Real-Life/Multi-Gene/Spontaneous Taiwanese Mandarin Speech from broadcast radio show series.
- Unique language habits in Taiwan (different accents and cultures).
- Build an automatic speech recognizer (ASR) that is suitable for recognizing Spontaneous Taiwanese Mandarin Speech (broadcast radio).
- This challenge is based on the "NER-Trs-Vol1" corpus selected from National Education Radio Archive.
- "NER-Trs-Vol1" is manually transcribed and consists 11 radio show series, in total about 107 hours (training set).
- This data is released under a license for Non-Commercial Use Only.
- Audio/Transcription Samples are available online for your reference.
- Baseline Scripts: Kaldi-based baseline scripts are provided in Github for new researchers/students to develop their systems easily and quickly.
- Result/Award Announcement
- Result/Award will be announced in ISCSLP 2018, Taipei, 26 Nov. 2018.
- Important Dates
- 2018/06/01 : Registration Open, Training Data Release
- 2018/08/01 : Pilot-Test Data Release
- 2018/08/08 : Pilot-Test Result Submission
- 2018/08/15 : Pilot-Test Performance Notification
- 2018/11/01 : Final-Test Data Release
- 2018/11/08 : Final-Test Result Submission
- 2018/11/15 : Final-Test Performance Notification
- 2018/11/20 : Paper Submission
- 2018/11/26 : Result/Award Announcement, Satellite Workshop of ISCSLP 2018